Michigan Leadership Collaborative
The Michigan Leadership Collaborative is a community dedicated to advancing leadership learning and removing institutional barriers for students who seek to develop and progress as leaders. The collaborative is comprised of staff and faculty from across the university that offers leadership education to students.
If you would like to join the collaborative please email email@example.com.
Current members: Alumni Association, Athletics, Barger Leadership Institute, College of Engineering, Ginsberg Center, Medical School, M-LEAD, LSA Opportunity HUB, Rackham Graduate School, Sanger Leadership Center, School of Information and TechArb.
- Access to leadership and leadership education research.
- Access to University of Michigan student data from the 2018 Multi-Institutional Study of Leadership.
- Access to a rich network of experts in leadership education and supporting-content areas
- Cross-unit promotion of your leadership learning courses, conferences, events, or workshops.
- Professional development opportunities
- Representation at the Big 10 Leadership Conference.
- Opportunity to collaborate on programming or co-sponsor/ co-host speaker
- Attend 8-12 MLC meetings annually, typically convened monthly
- Cross-promote MLC partner events/activities in your existing marketing/communications and referral networks
- Recognize the uniqueness/lens of leadership that each group brings to the table
- Host one meeting at a location in your office/department
- Model collaboration for our students by how we work together
- Collaborate on strategies to improve diversity in leadership training across units