Michigan Leadership Collaborative
The Leadership Collaborative is a community of university faculty and staff dedicated to advancing leadership learning and removing institutional barriers for students who seek to develop and progress as leaders. Through our monthly meetings, we work to share best practices, collaborate on annual programs and events, and increase cross-campus communication to enhance leadership learning opportunities at the University of Michigan.
If you would like to join the collaborative please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access to leadership and leadership education research.
- Access to University of Michigan student data from the 2018 Multi-Institutional Study of Leadership.
- Access to a rich network of experts in leadership education and supporting-content areas
- Cross-unit promotion of your leadership learning courses, conferences, events, or workshops.
- Professional development opportunities
- Representation at the Big 10 Leadership Conference.
- Opportunity to collaborate on programming or co-sponsor/ co-host speaker
- Attend 8-12 MLC meetings annually, typically convened monthly
- Cross-promote MLC partner events/activities in your existing marketing/communications and referral networks
- Recognize the uniqueness/lens of leadership that each group brings to the table
- Host one meeting at a location in your office/department
- Model collaboration for our students by how we work together
- Collaborate on strategies to improve diversity, equity and inclusion in leadership training across units